Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Level 19 BG Twinks

There are twinks and there are TWINKS.

Buying a few level 19 Stamina/Eagle items for a battleground is called preparation.

Yesterday I faced a level 19 Rogue twink with 1900+ hp, two blue weapons enchanted with Fire, and this girl was hitting like a TRUCK. Single shots for 223. No way can an average character stand up to that magnitude of hurt. It took three to four of us to bring this single rogue down. She didn't bother to stealth. She didn't have to.

There were a few other characters in the BG that were armed to the teeth. I saw a horde player with a Crusader enchant. I also saw a rogue on our side with a Clefthide armor kit. +40 Armor +12 Agi to Leg. AH cost around 90 gold. Plus your weapon enchants. Plus your cloak, boot, glove enchants. Plus the cost of the blues and having level 70 characters walk you through instances for blue drops. Final price? 950g invested in a level 19 twink.

OMFG!

If a thousand gold is the price for utter domination of a battleground with a super-powered twink, then count me out. Icecrown is a second server and I just don't have a thousand gold to spare. The others I'm facing have triple my HP. They have incredible crit rates and hit for several hundred damage. Frankly, I think they've overpaid for that privilege.

I'm decently geared in my greens and one blue. I'm no demigod but I hold my own. it'll take a couple days to collect my 20 tokens, buy my pvp reward item, and move onto level 20. Soon I'll have that Succubus pet, a host of new powers, and more PvE domination.

Ganking people doesn't make me all foamy at the mouth when I know I just paid gold to get a better toon. PvP keeps a player sharp, but WSG is a rough place to be slugging it out with the all-stars. Me? I'll stick to good tactics and cooperation to win the game.

Tactics & Cooperation. Teamspeak is a HUGE plus. Against superior foes, a clever team and a good leader can get you victory. Alliance teams seem to be immune to this kind of help and still manage to self-destruct in WSG. No idea why. Still, with teamspeak and a half dozen guildies... I can promise you a good time and some hard-fought battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment