Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ulduar Take II

I hit 10man / 25 man Ulduar.
Ulduar hits me back.

All of the mobs die, but one of the PuG raid-members triggers Easymode Flame Leviathan. No Achievement. Just 1 short of the Rusted Protodrake.

Next week, Abraxus comes back for his FL Achieve and I have my Dk fill in for the rest of the instance. I take over as tank. We one-shot the rest of the instance. As a consolation, my DK wins the Celestial Antechamber key and gets the Starcaller title.

Woot!

A week later, the same crew ask Dischord to tank their 25man Ulduar run. I also have my Protection paladin geared up and ready to go. I substitute Sindell and we rock the house.

A couple hours later, we get the 25man Ulduar Drake and I win the roll for the 25 man Celstial key. I get myself the the Astral Walker title, plus I'm Main Tank for my first full 25 man run!

Not a bad couple of runs in Ulduar.

For those of you naysayers, remember the fights are still deadly. Gearscore doesn't fix massive AoE and stupidity. XT-002 uses tantrum that removes 95% of your health. Not just a fixed number. Both drakes and titles feel well earned. I also got to team up with some people that I wouldn't mind hanging out with again.

I'm getting fed up with my own guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment